Culinary Corner® Ice Ball/Sphere Mold Set
This past weekend felt like we’re heading into the summer season already. It was warm and nice that I only needed to slap on a shirt and am able to roam around outside without any other form of cover on (cardigans, jackets, coats, scarves and so on). I took the chance to check on something I’ve been wanting to test for a few weeks now. As mentioned in a previous post, I was given the opportunity to try out some items for review from Culinary Corner® recently.
Here’s my take on the Culinary Corner® Ice Ball/Sphere Mold Set.
Item description are as follows:
- This 100% silicone 2.5 inch ice ball mold set creates slow melting ice spheres to dress up any highball glass or mug without the worry of diluting your actual drink. From water to your highest end liquor, enjoy your ice cold drink conveniently at your own pace without the need to get up and refill with more ice.
- Ice mold top and bottom fit snug to avoid leaks. Simply fill with water (or another liquid for fun) and store with ease in the freezer as the flat mold bottom helps keep a secured position without tipping over. Once frozen, remove ice sphere from the mold with ease.
- 100% top rack dishwasher safe; feel free to hand wash with light soap and air dry. We offer a lifetime guarantee with every product purchase.
- Silicone ice mold sets are great for holiday and birthday gifts, or simply for adding to upgrade your barware setup.
- FDA approved; BPA free. The ice ball mold set is made of food grade safe silicone.
Verdict? Let’s just say that I’m making a list of people to give this to this very moment. I showed it to my husband who thought it was neat. He pointed out that the big block of ice looks appealing and unique as well as it has a large surface area to cool one’s drink. It’s between the size of a golf ball and baseball. It was really easy to use. I just rinsed it out before filling it up with water to freeze up in the freezer. The bottom of the sphere is flat so that it doesn’t roll around. Once I am ready to use it, I just pop the top half of the sphere off. If you fear you might damage the mold for whatever reason, just run the half of the sphere with ice under water really quick and it pops out easily (this is what I did the first time). One leaked a little and the other didn’t. It follows the rules of turning water into ice just like what you would see on an ice tray — water will expand when turned into ice. I find that filling it up through the hole with the sphere already sealed works best for me. It was suggested that this can be used to make cake pops as well but I haven’t tried that yet. It would make a pretty big cake pop! My next use for this would be to make fruit ice pops with these! Wish me luck on that! 😉
A set of 2 of these comes with a lifetime guarantee for $6.99 and is available on Amazon. An exclusive coupon code for my readers is available to use: KITTYC. Check out their website too for some fun promotions. I’m personally keeping an eye out on it for new products they’ll offer in the future.
*Products featured in this review have been provided by the PR company or manufacturer for an honest opinion.*